One of the fallen leaves of autumn. DMC Pearl Cotton and remnants of flora-cotton thread. Embroidered on 8 threaded linen canvas, finished size 30 x 30 cm. Contour stitches are used, with a single thread in the needle. The outline of the leaf is embroidered with three rows of the coarse DMC Pearl Cotton. The background is embroidered with 5 remnants of flora-cotton. Use whatever colors you like.
With somewhat impaired, gray and colorless vision, I still got an embroidery put together. Drew an outline using a template with ballpoint pen directly on linen canvas (8 threads per. cm). Next, I could make a frame with cross stitches in double thread. I filled the frames with single thread cross stitches. My son helped me choose the colors of the yarn. He was good at interpreting my ideas and we got the right yarn numbers put together (thanks for the help!). So it became a “winter of embroidery” anyway 🙂
Made with Ombré yarn no. 53 from DMC. I have cut the yarn into lengths so that the pieces change from dark to light. The dark end of the yarn begins at the bottom of each strip in the pattern so that the light end of the yarn ends at the top of the trees. The stitches are contour stitches and half cross stitches. Stitched with a partial thread in the needle on 10 thread linen canvas 10 threads per cm. The runner’s finished size is approx. 69 x 23 cm
Runner stitched using cross- and back-stitches on linen, 10 threads/cm. Size approx. 28 x 102 cm.
The pattern was created from a black and white sketch, using a PC. Some of the initial sketch lines were edited a bit, to make them better suited for back-stitches. The light grey stitches help to make the pattern more clear, and the blue stitches gives the pattern form. The dark silver stitches are added along the edges for more detail.
Some years ago, our old oak tree was felled. I saved a few small pieces. They now form a pattern on this small tablecloth. The pattern is made with full and half cross stitches, back stitches and contour stitches on linen canvas. Finished size is approx. 27 x 27 cm. I am very happy about the result!